Monday, July 25, 2011

Deep Medicine

You once said that you wished you could heal me the way that I have healed you.
Medicine man, lesson giver.
A seemingly very real mythological creature...I see you.
You are becoming now what you have always been.
This could be a true death or what we call, the shamanic burial.
Show me one more way that I can be grateful.
Remind me of who I am.
Here is the wound, the calamity, the hole.
"Can it be healed?" is the screaming question.
A medicine person responds with compassion, connection and truth in their being.
They say, "I don't know, but I have faith and have seen many miracles.  Give it to me."
Indeed it can all be healed, even the most grave actions.
Swallow it down.
Will you survive this round in the medicine lodge?
Will you survive the medicine with immunity or will the poison in it harm you instead?
If you can still see and feel you are whole and not a hole.
Medicine man, warrior, let me hold you.
I know you  have watched your people die.
We are the same.
your pain is my pain.
We are linked together in the chain.
Let us do this healing together-
For the good of all...ho'o ponopono...and it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment